|App Name||Status v3.7|
|Get it On|
|Rating||7.5 ( 16062 )|
A message from the idiot that wrote this program:
Status has not been abandoned, but is now incompatible with a growing range of devices due to a variety of problems. Unfortunately, there is nothing that I or any other developer can do to prevent this. If the Play Store says that your device is incompatible, then there is nothing that I can do to help you other than point you to one of the links below about why it will not function.
Status will continue to receive support for devices below Android Oreo for as long as it remains in the interest of the community.
Status is a status bar replacement that draws an overlay on top of the system-generated status bar. This means that the actual status bar is only hidden under the replacement; touch gestures are not overridden, and the standard notification panel is still shown. It needs a lot of permissions in order to obtain the information needed to display in the status bar. These are listed below.
– Accessibility Service: used to attempt to get the status bar color of the current app if the ‘status bar coloring’ preference is enabled.
– Notification Access: used to get the icons of the current notifications.
– System Alert Window, System Overlay Window: used to draw the status bar above all other apps.
– Battery Stats: used to find if the battery is charging and what percent it is at.
– Network State, Phone State: gets the type and connection of the phone network, and if airplane mode is enabled.
– Wifi State: finds if wifi is enabled and how good the connection is.
– Bluetooth: find if bluetooth is enabled & connected or not.
– Location Services: finds if GPS is enabled.
– Alarm: find if an alarm is set.
– External Storage: backup/restore all settings from a file.
Special thanks to the contributors that have helped to design the app, fix issues, and translate it to different languages:
– Anas Khan: designed the app icon & helped with UI
– Vukašin Anđelković: made a couple status bar icons
– Ghost Ninja: also made some status bar icons
– Eugenio Martinez Seguin: Spanish translations
– Kim Inseop: Korean translations
– Majida Whale: Chinese translations
– Marwan ALsidi: Arabic translations
– improved permissions system
– fixed help/FAQ section
– improved app/activity setting design
– arabic translations by Marwan ALsidi
– fixed font issues
– other random bug fixes/improvements